2017- 18 Information for reference only
CASCADE CREST TEAM
Do you love the competition and the team camaraderie of volleyball, but need to balance that with AP coursework, orchestra and track meets? Do you play volleyball as a sport to enjoy for a lifetime rather than a way to earn a scholarship to Stanford? Have you been reading the many recent articles about the benefits of multiple sports? If so, Cascade Crest may be the answer for you. Cascade Volleyball Club is pleased to announce a unique team opportunity at the 15/16s level!
We will be selecting a team of 12-14 talented athletes who want to play competitive volleyball, with less of a financial and time commitment than a 7-month tournament team. We expect to work hard at two 2-hour practices a week, with experienced coaches pushing our players to continue growing their skill level, individually and as a team. We will be striving for the win at our tournaments, but will not consider it treason when you need to choose your other sport, a performance or a major academic commitment on a given Saturday.
● Our season will run from January through mid-April, with two 2-hour practices per week.
● Fees for the season will be $1400, which includes tournament entry fees, gym costs, equipment costs, one pair of spandex, two short sleeve jerseys, coach stipends, coaching support, administrative support and other costs.
● Team will compete in USAV sanctioned tournaments, but not in Power League. This team will play in 3-4 regional tournaments, including at least one multiple day tournament.
● Tryouts for this team will be after the U15/U16 regular tryouts – an announcement will be sent when date is finalized.
CASCADE SUMMIT TEAM
Cascade Volleyball Club is pleased to announce a unique team opportunity at the 13/14s level! One of our desires at Cascade has been to offer a program that is more accommodating for players who have the desire, but may not have the means or time to commit to a full 7-month Touranment Team Season.
- A shorter time commitment – season will be from January through end of march/Early April and have two 2-hour practices per week.
- More affordable – fees for the season will be $1400 which includes: tournament entry fees, gym costs, equipment costs, one pair of spandex, two short sleeve jerseys, coach stipends, coaching support, administrative support and other costs. USAV Junior Member fees will be paid by player. Dues also include coach travel costs to Yakima (hotel, transportation stipend, per diem) and player hotel costs.
Our objective is to offer the best volleyball experience within a shorter time commitment and season. The focus for this team will be on learning and development: team play, athleticism, fundamental volleyball techniques, offensive/defensive strategy, and of course having fun!
- Team will compete in USAV sanctioned tournaments, but not in Power League. Approximately one tournament per month.
- Team will play in various local tournaments and will attend the 2-day Yakima Tournament in March.
Tryouts will be for a team of 12 girls (or boys) who are serious about improving their game, and learning and experiencing as much volleyball as possible.
- Tryouts for this team will be after the U13/U14 regular tryouts – an announcement will be sent when date is finalized.